3.01.01 The Board of Directors of the club shall be composed of the following volunteer positions which shall serve for two year terms beginning upon election at the annual AGM and ending on the date of the AGM approximately two years later:
- President Elect
- Recreation Director (added later)
- Referee Coordinator/Rep
- Equipment Director
- Director of Coaching
- Public Relations/Community Involvement
- Other directors as approved by the Board (must be ratified and added to the Bylaws at the next AGM)
3.01.02 The Board of Directors may appoint or hire the following officers to assist with club administration including the following positions:
- Field Coordinator
3.01.03 The president, subject to the approval of the Board, may appoint officers to assist in the administration of the club. These positions may be ratified at the next AGM. Other positions may include but are not limited to:
- Area Leader
- Field Coordinator/Marshals
- Match Scheduler
- Volunteer Coordinator
3.01.04 The officers and directors of the club must be legal citizens of the United States of America and residents of the state of Utah. No person who is paid by the club may serve as a voting member on the Board of Directors.
3.01.05 No director shall hold more than 1 board voting position at the same time. An incumbent director or officer may be removed prior to completion of his/her term of office by a 3/4 vote of the Board of Directors. In the event that a board member or officer cannot complete his/her term he/she should resign by letter/email sent to the club President. The Board may appoint someone to that position for the duration of the unexpired term.
3.01.06 Couples may choose to jointly volunteer for and fill a board position; however, in such cases, the couple shall only be entitled to one vote for the position they are filling.
3.01.07 The Treasurer, Registrar, and Field Coordinator shall be selected by the Board of Directors for 2 year terms, which terms shall begin on June 1st expire on May 31st. These non-voting officers may reapply as they are interested. These positions are subject to review by the Board. The Treasurer and the Registrar will be evaluated during the even numbered years. The Field Coordinator will be evaluated on odd numbered years. When these positions come open, the Board will post the vacancy for a minimum of 15 days prior to the election of the paid position. Application must be presented to the Board a minimum 7 days before the position is filled during a board meeting. If no applications are received, the Board has the authority to appoint someone to these positions. Paid positions may not be related (by family or marriage) to any Board member.
3.01.07 No voting board member may receive any financial gain for commission of their duties, except for reimbursement of approved expenses. Stipends may be accepted based on budget and must be put toward a player’s expenses, not including tournament expenses.
3.02 RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLUB BOARD MEMBERS
3.02.01 The club Board of Directors shall have the authority over and be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the club.
- Establishing and enforcing club policies.
- Exercising full disciplinary authority within the club as needed.
- Establishing club procedures to provide for the necessary support of the club and for the implementation of UYSA programs within the club.
- Ensure that proper elections are held within the club.
- Determine the amount of annual registration fees.
- Manage funds and finances of the club with the assistance of the club Treasurer.
3.03 JOB DESCRIPTIONS
3.03.01 The Board of Directors shall have the following responsibilities:
- PRESIDENT: The President shall preside at and conduct all meetings of the Board and shall be responsible for establishing and staffing the club in all areas necessary to provide a complete soccer program. The President shall be responsible for implementing and enforcing the UYSA constitution, bylaws, and rules within the club. The President will act as the chief signer of financial instruments, contracts, and other documents. The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the cub and shall be subject to the control of the Board of Directors and have general supervision, direction, and control of the business of the club. The President is responsible to attend Region and state meetings and report back to the club.
- PRESIDENT ELECT: The President Elect sits as the Vice President on the Board and shall become the President after the President’s term is over or the President resigns. The President Elect is over the competition program in the area and will assist in putting teams together. The President Elect shall assist the President as needed.
- DIRECTOR OF RECREATION AND DEVELOPMENT: This Director shall oversee the recreational program within the club and will work with UYSA to administer a developmental program in Box Elder County. This Director will be added when the Board votes to move forward with establishing a recreational program.
- DIRECTOR OF COACHING: This officer shall be responsible for developing a coaching manual that explains in detail how soccer should be coached for each age group in the club. The manual should be focused on achieving the club’s stated goals by creating a system that focuses on the development of all players in a way that is positive and fun. This officer shall be responsible for planning and conducting coaches’ meetings for all recreation and competition coaches prior to the start of season and ensuring that the coaches are following the instructions in the coaching manual. This officer will be a support person for all coaches within the club and may delegate as needed to be able to provide support for all coaches. This officer will also assist in recruiting coaches, will notify/provide coaches training classes when available, and will also provide training in best practices of coaching. A minimum coaching license level of an “E”, with a recommendation level of a “D” is needed to be eligible for this position. The director of coaching may have an assistant of his choosing to help fulfill his responsibilities.
- REFEREE COORDINATOR/ REPRESENTATIVE: This Director shall be responsible for recruiting referees as well as assisting in their development and training.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: This Director shall be responsible for taking pictures at events. This Director shall be in charge of interfacing with the public including sending out emails to the members, keeping the website updated, and submitting items to newspapers.
- EQUIPMENT DIRECTOR: This Director shall be responsible for pricing, ordering, and distributing all equipment. This person shall keep inventory of all equipment purchased by the club and submit a cost estimate to the Board prior to purchasing.
- SECRETARY: The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings, handle all correspondence, give notice of meetings, and maintain files of the club. The Secretary shall prepare an agenda for board meetings and be the point of contact for adding agenda items. The Secretary will assist president in corresponding with coaches.
- UNIFORMS DIRECTOR: This Director shall be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the uniform ordering process, communicating with the uniform distributor, opening and closing the online store, and ordering and distributing training tops. The club also maintains a small inventory of uniform items and practice equipment, e.g. soccer balls, pinnies, etc., that this Director manages and distributes as needed.
- FUNDRAISING: This Director shall arrange for and oversee fundraising activities for the club players. This Director shall also seek grants, donations, and other fundraising opportunities for the club as a whole.
- ACTIVITIES: This Director shall be responsible for all club activities including the parade, swimming party, and any other club activities.
3.03.01 The club officers shall have the following responsibilities:
- TREASURER: The Treasurer shall give a receipt for all monies that shall be deposited in a federally insured financial institution in the name of the club. Deposits must be submitted within three banking days. All accounts shall be paid by check after approval by the President or Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall prepare and present financial reports at every meeting. The Treasurer shall complete and file the annual tax return, submit documents annually to UYSA to retain club membership, reconcile bank statements monthly, pay invoices and reimbursements on a timely basis, submit all applicable documents to maintain 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, safeguard the club credit card, monitor card usage, reconcile the credit card statements, and assist the Board in setting fees and providing other services as requested by the Board.
- REGISTRAR: The Registrar shall be responsible for the annual or semi-annual registration of players in the club. The Registrar will be responsible for advertising and orchestrating registration each season. The Registrar will be in charge of the collection of paperwork necessary for registration. The Registrar shall maintain a list of all club members and contact information for club members. The Registrar should work with the President Elect to increase enrolment. The Registrar will work with the Treasurer to account for registration moneys.
- FIELD COORDINATOR: The Field Coordinator shall be responsible for securing fields and keeping fields maintained (painted, nets, general maintenance).
3.04 REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
3.04.01 All directors and officers of the club may be removed at any time prior to completion of their term, with or without cause, by the affirmative vote of 2/3rds of the eligible voting board members.
3.04.02 When any office becomes vacant because of the removal or resignation of the incumbent director or officer, the Board of Directors shall appoint an individual to fill the office for the duration of the term. At the AGM at the expiration of the term, an election by all eligible club members shall take place to fill the vacancy. In the event the President’s position is vacant. The President Elect will fill the role of President.